Best MilSim Paintball Guns in 2020 – Reviews And Buying Guide
There are plenty of great paintball guns out there, but some of the best are military-style markers, also call milsim paintball guns. What makes them different is that they’re designed to imitate military assault rifles. This means that they’re a lot more accurate and equipped with a wider range of accessories. So if you’re interested in upgrading your own paintball gear, you might want to give the following best MilSim Paintball markers a try!
Table of Contents
Comparison Chart For Best MilSim Paintball Guns
|Tippmann Cronus Paintball Gun||4.8 lbs||150 ft||8 balls/sec||View On Amazon|
|Tippmann X7 Phenom Paintball Gun||3.9 lbs||150 ft||20 balls/sec||View On Amazon|
|US Army Alpha Elite Paintball Marker||4.7 lbs||150 ft||12 balls/sec||View On Amazon|
|Dye DAM Assault Paintball Gun||5.1 lbs||150 ft||20 balls/sec||View On Amazon|
|JT Sports Tactical RTP Paintball Gun||5.1 lbs||150 ft||9 balls/sec||View On Amazon|
Top 5 Best MilSim Paintball Markers Reviews
1. Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball Gun – Best Choice For Beginners
Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball Gun is an excellent piece of gear. If you want something that’s more on the pro side, you’ll go for the Cronus Tactical model. To better understand the difference, check out it’s key features and the list of pros and cons!
- Complete All-In-One Paintball Package
- Best Choice for Entry-Level Paintball Players
- Semi-Automatic with High-Impact Composite Body
- High-Performance Ported Barrel
- Player Package Includes GenX Stealth Anti Fog Paintball Mask, 200 Round Gravity Fed Loader, Maddog 20 Oz. CO2 tank (Shipped Empty), 6+1 Paintball Harness w/ (6) Standard Paintball Pods
- 1-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Why Is It Our 1st Pick:
The Cronus Tactical weighs 4.8 pounds. This might sound like a lot, but it’s actually a pretty lightweight paintball gun considering the category it’s in. Its metal stock body provides both toughness and consistency. It’s equipped with molded rubber grips that make it easy to handle. The gas line is internal, which increases both comfort and freedom of movement. Thanks to its four Picatinny rails, the gun can be easily modified to suit your needs. What makes it come really close to military assault rifles are the mock silencer, the adjustable stock and the carry handle.
Although it has some issues, most people are very satisfied with the Cronus Tactical model and rate as the very best MilSim paintball gun you can get.
2. Tippmann X7 Phenom Paintball Marker – Ideal for Advanced Players
If you’re looking to upgrade to a better marker, look no further! The Tippmann X7 Phenom Paintball Marker Gun Milsim Military Tactical is at the same time unique and of the highest quality. Apart from being the first electro-pneumatic paintball gun with a bunch of great features, it has other great qualities as well. Check out its features and pros and cons!
- Three-position selector switch
- Compact and lightweight aluminum body
- Pushpin construction for easy field stripping
- All-metal trigger for enhanced stability
- Magnetically activated hall effect electronics
Why Is It Our 2nd Pick:
With an effective range of 150 feet and a firing rate of 20 paintballs per second, the X7 Phenom is a very fast and accurate gun. But that’s not everything it has to offer! Apart from being highly efficient, it’s also a very quiet piece of gear. While firing, you won’t even be able to feel the kickback – it’s that insignificant. What makes this marker even better is its seamless design. It doesn’t use as much wear parts as other guns, and it’s even lighter than the Cronus Tactical. It’s also highly customizable, allowing for over 20 different upgrades. Some consider this to be one of the best paintball guns!
All in all, this model is among the best military style paintball guns available!
3. US Army Alpha Elite Paintball Marker – Used In Military Trainings
Our first three models are all made by Tippmann. It’s simply because this brand is one of the best when it comes to paintball gear. And although it’s not as good as the X7 Phenom, the US Army Alpha Elite Paintball Marker with E-Grip is still in our top 3. But check out its key features and pros and cons to see for yourself!
- Realistic tactical look
- M-16 Style Collapsible Stock, Shroud, Carry Handle & Magazine
- All Aluminum receiver
- Tippmann’s proven inline bolt system
Why Is It Our 3rd Pick:
This marker was designed to imitate the M-16 assault rifle. It features a very handy 6-point adjustable lever. Its purpose is to allow you to change the stock’s length. In terms of performance, it’s a quality piece of gear. It features a firing rate of up to 12 paintballs per second, as well as an effective range of 150 feet. To make playing paintball even easier, it’s equipped with a magazine that has a built-in storage for tools.
It’s an excellent choice of, especially for those unexperienced with military style markers!
4. Dye DAM Assault Matrix Paintball Marker – Premium Pick for Seasoned Players
Dye’s Assault Matrix model is one of the best markers on this list and in general. Apart from being a fast and accurate gun, it also manages to imitate military assault rifles with great success. But you only need to take a look at its features and pros and cons to come to the same conclusion!
- Easily switch from magazine fed to loader fed with the OnTheFly switch.
- Seamlessly change firing modes with Select Fire technology.
- Picatinny rails standard
- Easily maintainable quick release bolt
- Competition-style single trigger frame
- DYE Tactical Sticky Grips.
- 2 – 10 Round Magazines Included
- Barrel sock, 9v battery, o-ring kit, mag repair kit, and DYE slick lube included.
- 1-year manufacturer’s warranty
Why Is It Our 4th Pick:
This military style marker can fire over 20 paintballs per second. It’s capable of shooting First Strike Rounds, and has an effective range of 150 feet. It also allows you to switch from the magazine to the hopper in a matter of seconds. To make the battle even more interesting, you can always try one of the alternative firing modes. And last but not least, it has plenty of useful features, such as the adjustable stock and the quick-release bolt system.
It’s a top-rated gun, especially amongst seasoned players!
5. JT Sports Tactical RTP Paintball Marker – Perfect Choice for Entry-Level Players
JT Sports Tactical RTP Paintball Marker Kit is a semi-auto model and is one of the cheapest markers on the list. This, however, doesn’t mean it’s no good. On the contrary, it’s the perfect choice for entry-level players who want to try out military style gear. But don’t take our word for it – check out its pros and cons!
- 68 caliber semi-auto paintball marker Ready To Play Kit; Die-cast aluminum construction
- Raptor Paintball Goggle with color match scheme
- 90gram CO2 Tank with Adaptor
- 50 Paintballs
- Paintball loader and barrel plug
Why Is It Our 5th Pick:
In terms of performance, this is a reliable and pretty accurate piece of equipment. It has a standard 150-feet effective range, and can shoot over 9 paintballs per second. What makes it look like a military assault rifle are the raised sight rail, the removable magazine and the adjustable stock. Its aluminum construction makes it a highly durable marker.
Even though it does have its issues, it’s still a solid piece of paintball gear!