Best Tippmann Paintball Guns – Reviews And Buying Guide
Paintball is a battle game, which is played in an open field using paintball guns. However, instead of bullets, the paintball guns use dyed oil. These colored oils are fired using compressed nitrogen or carbon dioxide. Opponents fire paintballs at each other with their guns, and the one who is struck with the shot is eliminated from the game and is considered “dead.” People with anger issues and frustration are advised to join a paintball club as it lets individuals direct all their rage toward the opponent using harmless paintball guns. To be a good paintball player, many things are important such as proper gear, from proper clothes to helmets and paintball guns.
If you are a new paintball player, there are a few things that you should keep in mind before actually going into the field. It is advisable to research thoroughly before starting any sport. You need to know about the equipment and gears that it is played with and how to take care of them.
Similarly, in paintball, knowing about the best paintball guns is very important.
There are different kinds of paintball guns available on the market nowadays with different specification, qualities, strengths, and weaknesses and are designed for players with different shooting styles. In this article, we are analyzing a couple of the best Tippmann paintball guns and which one among them can boost your game.
Comparison Table For Best Tippmann Paintball Guns
7 Top Tippmann Paintball Guns Reviews
1. Tippmann A5 Paintball Marker
TheTippmann A5 .68 Caliber Paintball Gun claims to be the most famous scenario paintball marker and is considered one of the best Tippmann paintball guns. The Tippmann A5 comes with a tough aluminum body, rear and front sling mounts, an inline system of bolts, a low-profile hopper and a high-performance, 8.5-inch ported barrel. The A5 paintball gun is famous for its customization capability with different aftermarket features and accessories. Once you read this Tippmann A5 review you will see why it is a top pick and my personal favorite pick!
- The Tippmann A-5 marker was specially designed to provide speed. A patented Cyclone Feed System connects the feeder sprocket to the system of air, which makes firing the shot as fast as squeezing the trigger with your finger.
- The marker is highly customizable and can be opened and reassembled within the field in almost 60 seconds without any need for tools. It is a tool-free weapon that comes with a finish of tough black and an aluminum die cast receiver gracing the body design.
- The Tippmann A-5 is a customizable, upgradable and affordable marker, fit for scenario play or woodsball. The gun can fire up to 15 balls per second thanks to its Cyclone Feed System without any batteries.
- Players who like to transform their guns will particularly love the A-5. They will have a wide variety of options, from fixtures like a response trigger, a flat line barrel, sniper barrels, a dual trigger, an extension chamber kit, a collapsible stock and much more. It can be operated with compressed air, nitrogen or carbon dioxide. There are 2 external switches for position selector which allow the players to effortlessly switch from firing to safe mode and vice versa.
- It has improved ergonomics with simple removable push pins, elongated front grip and a lightweight body.
2. Tippmann 98 Custom Paintball Gun
The new Tippmann 98 Custom PS is an extremely basic paintball gun, specially designed for entry-level players. It is the most recent developmental stride of the renowned Model 98. It conveys the best characteristics of its past incarnations while enabling the players to redesign the marker easily. There’s also an entire group of new elements and better expediency.
The players who are new to the game will particularly appreciate the Tippmann 98 Custom as it doesn’t need to be cleaned as often as regular markers and it is very simple to use. Professional players love the way the Tippmann 98 Custom can be widely modified with a collection of upgrades.
- The Tippmann 98 Custom PS is a customized paintball marker which is a part of the Platinum Series. It is a basic paintball marker gun and comes with the GXG XVSN facade mask, featuring fog-protective stealth.
- It has GXG paintball gravity feed loader with a 200-round hopper in black and an aluminum carbon dioxide 20 oz. tank with a pin valve. It can shoot up to 800 shots in one fill of the tank. It has a simple screw off/on design, so in order to switch the carbon dioxide tank off, you might to need to buy an extra attachment.
- The Tippmann 98 Custom is one of the sturdiest weapons available on the market. It is a semi-automatic device that shoots as soon as you push the trigger.
- The Tippmann 98 is featured with a die cast receiver made of aluminum for more resilience. It is a completely customizable weapon for further enhancement in performance. It includes a maintenance pack, user manual, gun oil and barrel sleeve.
- It can be operated on nitrogen, carbon dioxide and compressed air. It features a fast-discharge feeder elbow and a detachable front grip so that the expansion chamber can be added.
- The marker has vertical kits and a braided gas line made of durable stainless steel. With an effective range of over 150 feet, the Tippmann 98 is an incredible entry-level marker.
3. Tippmann Cronus Tactical Paintball Gun
The new Tippmann Cronus Tactical consolidates elite performance with inconceivable strength in a slim body. The Cronus includes a solid inline bolt system that is incorporated into a high-impact body with delicate over molded elastic grips. It is supposed to be for intermediate and entry level paintball players. It is reasonable, looks good, and is easily serviceable from all viewpoints. The marker is made to last with an inflexible composite body.
- The Tippmann Cronus Tactical Gun has the capability of 280-300 FPS, which is the usual standard for almost every field. It has great accuracy, but it is not too silent.
- There are three primary mods of the Tippmann Cronus, including a mock silencer, movable stock and carry handle, which help finish the military look of the marker. The Cronus feels pretty natural to hold due to its elastic grips.
- There is additionally an inward gas line that has been introduced to enhance comfort and make the weapon simpler to move during tense times.
- This marker can, without a doubt, be customized by mounting a collection of extra accessories on any one of the total four Picatinny rails. It has a smart mil-sim body design and is exceptionally lightweight, so it can be held by individuals who are shorter in stature or who don’t have good endurance as well as young entry-level players.
- The Cronus includes Tippmann’s exceedingly respected inline bolt framework. However, its internals are still similar to Tippmann’s old guns. Critics get a kick out of the chance to call attention to the point that the Cronus is simply the Tippmann 98 marker within a different aesthetic.
All things considered, even the toughest of critics will agree that the Cronus is the perfect marker for novice paintball players and although it resembles its ancestors, that doesn’t mean it’s bad since they perform brilliantly.
4. Tippmann US Army Alpha Paintball Gun
The Tippmann US Army Alpha is an elite paintball gun that comes with a 3Skull set. It is a simple and affordable marker which is upgraded to accept more customization and performance enhancements. The gun is particularly heavy but very accurate. It now includes a response trigger, E-Grip and Tippmann Cyclone Feed System.
- The Tippmann US Army Alpha Elite was intended to imitate the appearance of an M-16 rifle. Its stock has a customizable lever up to 6 point that gives you a chance to change the stock length according to your preferences. This is one of the best features since you can change the firearm to suit your playing style.
- It mimics the M-16 carry handle that gives you a chance to carry the weapon effortlessly. Furthermore, it has a back sight that is incorporated into the marker.
- You can likewise mount secondary accessories in the marker if you want, which makes it completely customizable. It features a removable barrel, yet the shroud remains on. All you have to do to eject the magazine is to haul it out.
- The marker has a durable, stainless steel gas line, which is very sturdy and gives it a smart look, making it aesthetically pleasing as well.
- The body is made of die cast aluminum, so you don’t have to worry about it breaking on you at any point in the near future. Hence, you can go crazy with the gun!
- The Tippmann US Army Alpha has five modular components included in the marker that create a real military look. These include a removable carry handle, removable front sight, magazine that also functions as the tool storage, collapsible stock in six positions, and a Picatinny rail with a removable barrel.
- It is a highly customizable gun. The pad right beside the trigger frame is easily removable, which lets you implement upgrades by installing accessories like a feed system such as the Cyclone Feed System.
- It is also pretty easy to clean the gun due to its removable feed neck. The Tippmann US Army Alpha is without a doubt one of Tippmann’s best designs that we have seen.
5. Tippmann TMC Magfed Paintball Marker
The Tippmann TMC is a somewhat mag-fed update of the Cronus. It is a lightweight gun which is a little loud because of its high-pressure action. However, it is not excessively loud and kicks only a little bit. The main frame of the TMC is made of aluminum, and all the other parts (or the tan parts) are made of nylon. The gun can be used with both hopper and magazines but not at the same time.
- The TMC MAGFED is excellently built, and the overall ergonomics are very comfortable. Plus, the magazines are pretty awesome. The general purpose of the TMC is to attract the player who is new to magazine fed guns or lure a new paintball player who likes the flexibility of the TMC. It is not a perfect entry-level gun because of its versatile nature.
- The marker uses a blowback valve that works at the pressure of the tank, so the TMC operates at about 750 PSI of pressure.
- The TMC can be used in numerous different styles and situations. Its build quality is something that makes the marker stand out among many other competitors.
- It has a genuine AR feel and is very light in weight with a trigger frame and rubber grip ergonomics. The TMC MAGFED is a very reliable paintball gun, but disassembly is a bit difficult and you cannot do it on the field quickly.
- The best thing about the TMC is that the extra magazines come fairly cheap. However, because of the mag fed design, chopping gets a bit difficult.
6. Tippmann Gryphon Paintball Marker
The Tippmann Gryphon is an entry-level paintball gun for novices or players who enjoy playing the sport casually with their friends. The marker comes at a decent price and is relatively easier to use as compared with other markers. It has an internal gas line and is good for any field, be it speedball or woodsball. It is a lightweight gun which makes it even better for new paintball players. The gun can also be easily updated, so you can give it the functionality you want in your gun.
- The Tippmann Gryphon is a gorgeous and lightweight blowback, inline marker, which is designed keeping the basics in mind, yet the results are exemplary. It follows design cues from the Model 98, aside from the top bolt. It has a powerful composite body and a 2-finger blade trigger.
- The .45 grip is agreeable, and the foregrip sits right before the trigger edge. The marker comes with a standard vertical locking feed where you can easily put your hopper. Despite the fact that the hopper included is average, it takes care of business.
- Its design is incredible for casual players or those who are simply getting into the game. Also, the Gryphon is the first beginner’s gun that has an inward gas line which gives it a smooth look.
- It is extremely easy to maintain as well, which is very fortunate for beginners because usually, entry-level paintball players are at a loss for how they should take care of their markers.
- It has very few movable parts such as O-rings, which result in fewer chances of wear and tear.
- The Gryphon’s performance is very good and even though the trigger is a bit short, it is still hard enough for you to use 2 fingers to shoot.
The Tippmann Gryphon is comparatively easy to use. It is lightweight, upgradable, efficient, nearly indestructible and affordable. It is an ideal gun for newbie paintball players and if a few more improvements are to be done to the stock barrel, this gun would make an incredible contestant for a first-rate all-rounder gun.
7. Tippmann TiPX Paintball Pistol
Designed by Tippmann, a pioneer in the industry, the Tippmann TiPX is a military-style gun with a caliber of .68. The marker is outfitted with a Picatinny rail to mount accessories and an under-barrel carbon dioxide air system. The TiPX is an upgraded version of this pistol gun, settling a few problems and minor mechanical shortcomings that its ancestor had and enhancing the design all in all.
Semi-automatic and mag fed, the TiPX has the rudimentary look and feel of a genuine pistol. Players who lean toward a marker with a sophisticated charm will see that the TiPX can make other paintball guns look awkward and clumsy in comparison. The TiPX brags a lightweight and compact design that is perfect for solo targets or to use as a strategic backup.
- The Tippmann TiPX concentrates on superior quality, minimal effort, and low cost, looking for a balance between them without compromising any one of them for the other. Its split receiver and clamshell design offer access to the gun’s components and make it simpler to deal with the gun when it needs some maintenance.
- The marker is created from a powerful and lightweight polymer. The TiPX comes with a standard A5/X7 threaded barrel whose length is 6 inches. It is also compatible with any barrel that has a similar diameter and type. This makes the matter of upgrading the barrel very simple, and you can easily purchase and fit upgrades to the barrel. This makes it ideal for players who like to personalize and modify their markers.
- The TiPX features two spring-loaded magazines, each of which can hold 7 rounds. Although it may look like a little demotion from the last version, which had magazines that could hold 8 rounds, the 7-round magazines solve the problem of misfeeding, which came with the previous iteration. You can easily check if your magazine is fully loaded or not through the clear ammo windows on the sides.
- The magazine fixes on the foot of the gun’s grip similar to a normal handgun and remains intact while you are using it. The magazine can be released into your hand by simply pressing a button.
Before choosing any paintball marker, the first thing that you need to concentrate on is your budget. You don’t want to spend all your money on a gun and end up with nothing to spend on other gear and paintballs. The other thing that you need to keep in mind before buying a marker is your playing style. Every marker is different and made for different styles of players. Different markers are designed for professional players and casual players who like to play paintball in their backyards with their friends. Also, you need to see which marker fits you the best according to your stature and physique; you don’t want to go for an incredibly heavy marker if you have poor endurance.
In these best Tippmann paintball guns, my personal favorite is the Tippmann A5. It is a legendary marker that is famous for its reliability, simplicity, and ease of use. It is a standard entry-level marker that you cannot go wrong with. It has easy to find mods, and you can disassemble and reassemble it on the field in no time. I would definitely recommend it. If you are looking for something slightly different check out these best Spyder paintball guns! They make very similar paintball guns as Tippmann; however, they have a different style and make.
More To Explore
Best DYE Paintball Guns
From the company that lives up to its reputation and does not let its customers down comes these speedball guns. It has innovated paintball engineering by releasing…
Best Empire Paintball Guns
After a long, hard day of work, all of us deserve an occasional time out. And what better way to release all the pent-up energy and anxiety than by indulging in a…
Best Planet Eclipse Paintball Guns
Playing paintball is one of the most gear-intensive hobbies that exist. For those who don’t know, paintball is a game which usually…
Best Spyder Paintball Guns
To fully enjoy this sport, you need to have a good paintball gun, which is a rather difficult task as you need to invest time and money into this. Paintball guns are available in…